Monday, April 5, 2010

Completely & Utterly Blessed

You know that best friend you have in high school? The kind of friend you have that you need to see every single day. The one that you send notes to between classes and you see on the weekends too. You never get tired of them. You can tell them anything, and they give you THE BEST advice--on everything from problems at school, issues at home and of course, boys. It's the friend that knows you inside and out, ugly and beautiful, happy and sad. It's the friend that is so real and exactly what you need whenever you need her. The kind of person you know would be there if the world went dark. The person you'd take with you if you were stranded on an island. You have so much in common you've lost count how many ways, and you bring out the best in each other. They get you through those rough times when no one else can. A friend like that means the world, and nothing less. This type of friend is priceless, (and thankfully can actually be found far from high school). Mine? Well, I'm actually pretty lucky, because mine's my Mom. I realized even more so today when I saw her, after seeing her so much recently, that she is that person to me. She's like my best girlfriend in high school. She's the one who I think is so wise that I always ask for her advice. And of course she knows me better than anyone. For 24+ years she's seen me at my best and worst, stumbling, standing, learning and growing. She never lets me down, she never falters, she's my rock. I tell her everything! Things that surprise her, and even surprise me as I hear them coming out of my mouth! But she doesn't mind. She knows exactly what I need, exactly when I need it. She's a constant comfy place in a sometimes very rough world. My flesh and blood hero! My Mom! How lucky am I to have such a friend in this world! I am completely and utterly, blessed.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my. What can I even reply to such a wonderful blog. You made me cry. You made me smile. It is like you have read my mind, because I feel the same about you. I am constantly amazed at how well we can communicate, how close we are and how often we like to see each other. I am the one who is blessed by having an incredible daughter like you! I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My Gosh!!!! I just figured out that you and Kit are mom and daughter! How awesome is that?!

    What a sweet thing that you said about your mama.
    No Mom or Daughter could wish for more than what you have! What a blessing!

    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha! Yep, she's my mom! She started blogging awhile ago, so I started too. :) I'm lucky she lives nearby so I can see her often. It's great!

    ReplyDelete

Older Posts