Thursday, February 17, 2011

Photo Challenge: Food (Round 2)

I'm teaming up with RAZMATAZ again as we start our weekly Photo Challenges. This week's theme was food once more and my picture may be a little odd. I didn't try to make the food look good, or very interesting. I didn't make it look like a magazine ad. Instead, I captured a food item that is extremely important to me. Ya see, I was a peanut butter addict since childhood. It made up most of my food pyramid. And then, a few years ago, I became allergic to peanuts and tree nuts. It was a sad day when I diagnosed myself. No more delicious peanut butter. There have been stand-ins since, like sunflower seed butter, but it just wasn't the same. Until a week ago when I took a turn down an aisle in Wal-Mart of all places. On a shelf above the Jiffys and Skippys was something called School-safe Soybutter. Wha?! Really? I took it home and pulled out a spoon. That first taste I almost panicked. Is this REALLY soy? Am I gonna die?! Nope! 100% soy, but it tastes just like the real thing. I've had a soybutter sandwich every day since. Hallelujah! Life is good again. :)




11 comments:

  1. I photographed peanut butter too since my husband considers it food. My shot wasn't too good though. I have never seen this, I must have a look for it. Thank you for coming back to the Photo Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! glad to see you again.

    happy you have your PB or SB back again. I adore peanut butter spoons- never makes it to a sandwich. : D

    xx
    z

    ReplyDelete
  3. What!!..that is awesome, I'm so glad it taste like the real thing I can't imagine not being able to eat peanut butter, I probable eat it at least three or more times a week...I am visiting from Razmataz's Friday photo challenge...food.
    ~Jo
    LazyonLoblolly

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL!! I was there when you discovered it sitting on the shelf and I think the whole aisle knew you had found something special....LOL LYS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds strange, if it tastes good then it is good. Know how I felt when I could not have milk. I tried many things, but could not do soya milk nor the yoghurt. Yuk, it was for me.
    Go with your taste buds I'd say.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that shot - it gives the soy peanut butter the respect it deserves because of the clean background. The eye just zooms in on this all important food. I would be so sad to be allergic to PB and would feel like you if I found a replacement.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will have to tell our school nurse about this. We have so many peanut allergy kids in our school. Glad you found something so delicious and safe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Montana-The Last Best Place.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay for a suitable pb subsitute! I'm so glad for you, I know how you love pb! And I like the simplicity of your pic! <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhh yum...sounds really good and I love that photo. Happy Sunday
    Kisses, my dear

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ha, what a cute picture! I LOVE peanut butter! :)

    ReplyDelete

Older Posts