Saturday, November 5, 2011

A New 'Do!

The new look!

I've had long hair for a very long time. Last time I really cut it was about six years ago, and it only got cut to my shoulders. That was as far as I could tolerate. It grew back out, and after many years of enjoying the length, I got tired of it. Tired of the weight. Tired with curling it or drying it. Tired of it looking flat and uninteresting.

So much hair! I loved it, but it was time to go!

I got inspired by the ladies on the new show Pan Am with their shorter 'dos and how they style them. That got the ball rolling. Then I talked it over with a few friends and the sister (who reminded me I'd wanted to go super short in the past) and a plan was made. Friend made the appointment, sister tagged along for moral support, and before I knew it I was sitting in front of a mirror at a salon holding 11 inches of my hair in my hand. Liberation! (And to a good cause! I donated it to Locks of Love!)

So happy I could donate it!

My final length is nice and short, but still versatile. I can curl it, style it, gel it, or do nothing to it and it'll all look good. I'm ecstatic. It's a big change but I'm so happy! (And I'll use so much less shampoo!) Hurray!

My neck is cold! Ha ha! I'll have to get used to having this new length!

3 comments:

Older Posts