Friday, July 20, 2012

Birthday Wrap-up and Things to Look Forward To

I am on cloud nine. A very happy 27 year old. After work yesterday, I enjoyed a cool walk home in the shade of the neighborhood trees and then was whisked off to the parent's abode. My Birthday theme this year? Pollen! My parents are absurdly creative. I'm a pollen counter here in town, so they went all out. I had pollen-looking pompoms hanging from the ceiling, pollen-shaped puff balls on the table. I had a microscope and actual pollen slide as decor and a cake covered in what looks like grains of "ragweed!" (Mama did her research!) We had yummy snacks and drinks and lots of fun presents. :)
Pollen Birthday! Why the Mickey Mouse shapes?
That's what Pine looks like under a 'scope!

Lily pollen slide under an antique microscope!
 Even got a surprise gift of an antique cow creamer from my late Grandma. At least I didn't cry this time! (I tend to, when I get heirlooms.) After opening a leaf blower (yes, that's what I asked for, LOL), a fire pit, some sparklies and some gift cards, I was all smiles. Though in all honesty, I could have just taken the company of my family and been just as happy! But gifts are fun too ;) Dinner, cake, singing, blowing out candles, then out the door to go swimming with friends.
The pool as the sun set. What a great time!

Two lazy hours later, as the sun dipped low, sister and I joined more friends downtown for patio ambiance and some mojitos. Yum!
Our umbrella outside one of my fave pubs.

Successful evening for sure! Today at my weekly meeting, the lab mates had a Birthday party for me complete with coffee, juice, sparkling cider, donuts, muffins and gifts! What'd I get? I plant and some beer! Gotta love it. :) Gotta love them. Whew, I'm tired from a lot of celebrating. :)

My new plant from my coworkers!


I have a lot to look forward to now that I'm 27 as well:

First off, in the very near future, one last Birthday event: Fancy dinner with my bestie! We'll dress up and go gorge ourselves on italian food. :) Can't wait!

This weekend: boating! Somewhere...probably glacier nat'l park, but we haven't solidified plans. Ha ha. But either way, the sis and I should go get some camping done and paddle around. Wahoo!

Next up? Lots of friends visiting my town to say howdy. Most of them I haven't seen in a year or more. Should be delightful to get caught up!

Early August means Chicks N Chaps is coming to our county fair! A whole day with my mom, dressed in cowboy attire and LOTS of pink, hanging out and schmoozing with PRCA Cowboys, learning all the rodeo know-how and drinking and eating to our hearts content! Oh! And it benefits breast cancer victims in our town! All the proceeds stay right here. Sooooo cool! And a blast!

The next week is jaw surgery, which doesn't sound fun, but I'm looking forward to getting done and over with! Can't wait to put it behind me and move on! Then only a few months of braces and my teeth should be almost done! It's been a long road. :)

Ok, off I run! What do you all have coming up for the rest of the summer??

1 comment:

  1. I love making your birthday so special! You deserve it for all that you do for others. I am glad you had such a wonderful day! LYS!!

    ReplyDelete

Older Posts