Thursday, April 22, 2010

A Very Silver Lining So Far


So you all know about my ridiculous last few weeks. Not fun. Not easy. A lot of spirit was sucked out of me then, but it failed to kill my sense of humor and, most importantly, my optimism. Some really cool things happened because of those days.

1) Firstly, I have had a long going addiction to caffeine. I cannot survive without my coffee in the mornings. If I tried to resist, the headaches would always send me running back to the coffee machine. But, in the last three weeks, I have had no desire to drink coffee and somewhere between the tooth pain and the pain meds, I must have not noticed the headaches. So, as of now? No more coffee addiction! I still love the taste, but it's not required. Wahoo!

2) Next, for those two weeks I spent very little money. I was not tempted at work to buy the fancy coffee or the snack. I didn't go out and socialize at too-expensive places. It felt really good to not spend money on the stuff I really didn't need. Bank account is much happier!

3) I'm a girl that's been wearing makeup for a long time. My skin isn't too bad, but I really liked my little mask. During those two weeks of bedrest and staying home, however, I didn't put even a dot of makeup on. And the result? Awesome looking skin! I haven't worn any since and it feels amazing! I am proud to walk around in my own pretty skin, and I love not having to spend the time to put it on in the mornings. Hurray!

4) Also, because of the meds I'm on, I need to take in a lot of yogurt. For a girl that hates milk, and only eats dairy in cheese form most of the time, this has done me wonders! My body feels so much better now that I have so much dairy in my diet. Hello beautiful fingernails and healthy bones!

These are just a few of the benefits that came from going through my tooth hell. So, it wasn't all bad. I feel prettier, healthier and more motivated. Hurray for the silver lining! I hope to always be able to find the good things in very bad situations. A little part of me is almost pleased it all happened. Not saying I want to go through it again though... :)

3 comments:

  1. And because of this malady, you and I have been able to spend some quality time together. And now I miss you when I don't see you each day....LOL Keep healing! LYS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for kicking a caffine habit! I hope you feel back to your old self soon! I can't wait to see you on Friday, thanks for being such an amazing freind! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you're feeling better. A close friend of mine is at this very moment home on Oxycodone because of a tooth that has absessed...very painful. I'm so glad you've come through it with your sense of humor intact.

    Blessings,
    Kimberlynn

    ReplyDelete

Older Posts