Monday, September 27, 2010

I'm Ready for My Close Up!

Yesterday proved to be so much fun! I got to play model for one of my favorite photographers! Ok, let me start from the beginning: A good few months ago I was playing on Facebook when I spotted a photography ad. I clicked it (always curious how good they really are) and was mesmerized! This lady was spectacular! I loved how she captured her subjects. She did weddings, engagements, families, senior portraits and lots of just-because sessions. I saved away her info for the future and told my friends I'd found the ultimate photographer---and she was local! Well, fast forward to the wedding I went to September 4th. This real sweet gal was discretely running around and taking photos. Well, turns out that it was my dream photographer! Her work was stunning and I decided to shoot her a little email of praise. Since then we've been emailing back and forth. Well, a week or so ago she announced she was part of the Leafless Diaries Project and needed models. Leafless? I went to the website and found out what this project was all about. Basically, 500 empty diaries are being distributed over the 50 states to be filled up with personal, and anonymous, entries from folks all over. Cool! Once you write in one you can then follow the book's path around the United States. Well, to go along with the dairies, there's something called the 50/50 Project. And this is where the photography comes in. One photographer is selected for each state (my favorite lady was chosen!) and they take photos of folks to represent their state proudly. The photos aren't fancy, and to keep with the anonymous theme the eyes will be censored. Click on the 50/50 link for some examples. Modeling was free and she was asking for folks from the city so I wandered over there yesterday. It was so good to finally meet my photographer in person! Lots of smiles all around! I also met, V. V is a super chic, super sweet lady who is on tour around the US meeting with locals and accompanying all the photographers. She is one busy lady! As I asked about her travels she said that Montana was only her 16th state! She has a lot more miles to go! After the chit chat we got down to business and started snapping photos. Some were serious, some were sweet, and they got me laughing so hard that some photos are down-right silly. Before I left, they offered me a chance to write one of those diary entries and I did so willingly. The photos will make it on to the 50/50 site at some point, and a few of these will be chosen for Leafless' published book to be released in a year or two. Cool! My photographer will also be posting some of them on her blog, so hopefully I can show you how they turned out! What an excellent Sunday! Cool people, a fun project, and a little modeling. Nothing makes you feel so glamorous!



6 comments:

  1. What a great project! I look forward to seeing more about it. And how nice you were able to participate - fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm so happy for you and it sounds like such a superb project! I can't wait to see some pics. Happy Monday! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so exciting! I can't wait to see the photos! A little sneak peek maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool projects and so fun to meet new friends and do a little modeling! :)

    p.s. "smile" is absolutely the perfect word!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How neat! I can't wait to hear more about this, maybe in real life conversation? <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh, so that is what it is all about. So cool you got to be a participant. I can't wait to see how your picts turned out. LYS

    ReplyDelete

Older Posts