Every once in awhile I do these little quizzes. Kind of fun to see who answers in which way. The random things you learn! I got this from two of my good friends out in the blogosphere...
1. What was the highlight of your week? The surgeon checking my mouth and saying it's healing "perfectly!" That very rarely happens!
2. When is the next time you will kiss someone? Tomorrow afternoon when I leave my mom's house after an afternoon of hanging out. :) We always kiss goodbye!
3. What color shirt are you wearing? Lime green with the word "Chromatographer" written on it like a baseball T. It's a dorky chem shirt I received from one of our Gas Chromatograph vendors. Gotta love free science swag!
4. Are you good looking? God was kind, and I inherited good genes. :)
5. Last movie you watched? The Social Network, and I really liked it! It's fast paced and really interesting, especially because I use Facebook so much. I had to put the subtitles on though, because they talk so fast! Ha ha!
6. Last thing you ate? Chicken alfredo, with bow-tie pasta. Mmm
7. Last thing you drank? Water (as I took more pain meds for my mouth, Ack!)
8. When was the last time you had your heart broken? A year ago. And now I'm 10 times stronger. :)
9. Who came over last? My best friend visited today and I got to show her the baby shower invites I made for her!
10. Are you happy right now? Quite
11. What did you say last? "Be a good girl, and I'll see you in the morning" to my cat before I got in my bed to check mail tonight.
12. Where is your phone? Next to me. Just text my sister to remember to look at the Supermoon tonight in the sky. Closest it's been to Earth since 1993!
13. Are you left-handed? No, in terms of writing. But ambidextrous when it comes to most other activities.
14. Spell your name without vowels: Chrltt
15. Do you have any pets? A fuzzy Russian Blue who I've posted many a photo of!
16. Favorite Vacation? Disneyland last summer with my mom for my 25th Birthday rocked! But I'll always love the family trips to OR each summer, just me, Dad, Mom and Sister.
17. What do you dislike currently? My noisy neighbors! Ha ha. And the unfortunately painful healing after surgery. So not fun!
18. What are you listening to? One of my country Pandora stations. Can't get enough of my country! I need to go two-steppin' soon...
19. If you could have one thing right now what would it be? Probably to have my sister back home. She's been gone for a few days and it's getting lonely around the house! Time for some distraction and I want to hear all her stories from her cool weekend away. (Not to mention the fact I watched a weird episode of Law & Order earlier and have myself all freaked out. Company would be appreciated!) :)
20. What is your favorite scent? Cedar, gun oil, tomato plants, roses and hair dye.
21. Who makes you happiest? Taking joy in the small things in life. The tiny details that make each day extra special.
22. What were you doing at midnight last night? Calling the cops on the neighbors! I was waiting for silence so I could go back to sleep.
23. When is your birthday? July, and I love having a summer birthday!
24. Who has the same phone as you? My coworker does and when her ringer goes off I always check my phone cuz I think I'm getting a call.
25. Last time you went swimming in a pool? Last summer I went to "adults only" extra hours at one of our local public pools. How cool! My best friend and I splashed around in the lazy river, played on the slides, and giggled in the kiddy pools. It was a hoot to have the place reserved for 18 and older. :)
26. Do you read your horoscope? I've had my horoscope emailed to me from the same site every morning for almost 12 years! I take it with a grain of salt, but I still enjoy reading it.
27. Where was the last place you bought something? Today I found some wonderful deals at Old Navy. I finally found a vintage-inspired, one-piece, black swimsuit! Dream come true! Not to mention more flowy shirts and romantic inspired pieces.
28. How fast have you driven a car? I've snuck over 90 a few times passing semis on two lane highways. Just don't tell my mom. Oops....she reads my blog. ;)
29. What was or is your favorite subject in school? Chemistry had me hooked (and lead me to my college major) and I've always loved Math. In college though, I really loved my Ballroom Dance class. Foxtrot, anyone?
30. What type of boy or girl do you usually fall for? Out-going with straight teeth. Ha ha! Apparently I have a thing for the Irish/Scottish too. I've noticed a trend...
31. Do you have any hidden talents? The skin on my face is extremely elastic. You should see the faces I can make! You could call that a talent, right?
32. Favorite Song? Lonesome Dove by Garth Brooks
33. Do you like to sing at all? I do, but I don't have the pipes I wish I had. (Sister got the singing gene from my Mom. Me? Not so lucky.)
34. Dream Job? Forensic Scientist: Latent Prints or Serology/DNA
35. Are you an only child or do you have siblings? I have a sister! Coolest big sis ever.
36. Would you consider yourself to be spoiled? In a lot of ways, yes. Though I may word it as "blessed" or "lucky."
37. Do you drink? Socially, yes. Grey Goose anyone? It goes mighty well with stilettos.
38 Know any other languages? Sarcasm, if that counts! A little Spanish (which was useful in Peru two summers ago) and a wee bit of German.
39. Have you ever been IN a wedding? Once, for a very good friend of mine. Her flower girl didn't show. So, at age 24 I threw rose petals before her as she walked the aisle. Ha ha!
40. Do you have any children? Just the above mentioned fuzzy Russian Blue, but I have a nephew on the way which will be grand!
41. Do you want to be famous one day? Depending on the route I get there, sure. Famous as the best Forensic Scientist that ever lived? Famous for an awesome Chemistry discovery in the lab? Famous for the largest amount of cake eaten in one sitting? It could be cool.
42. Any Pet Peeves? Oh that makes me giggle. I've got quite a few. Though I've mellowed a bit in the last year or so. Must be my sister's chill attitude rubbing off on me.
43. What is your least favorite chore? Taking out the garbage. I always forget to do it, until it's dark and cold out.
44. Ever been out of the country? Yes, Canada a few times and then Peru.
45. When was the last time you laughed REALLY hard? A good, big belly laugh? I'm sure it was with my sister recently. She evokes those kinds of episodes. But I had a good laugh the other day talking to my mom, and realizing just how similar we are to each other. It's hilarious sometimes.
46. How many pairs of shoes do you own? I've never counted. But I've got a heck of a lot of them.
47. Are your toes always painted? Pedicures are one of my guilty pleasures and I do them every 3 months or so. I don't paint my own very often these days. My feet are just too far away! Ha ha.
48. What are you doing today? I shopped and had a good lunch with my friend. We chatted and I felt her growing baby belly. :) It was a pleasant afternoon.
49. When is the last time you cried? I got all watery recently when I felt my best friend's baby kick. I'd never felt that before. We were in public so I kept them in, but I wanted to cry and laugh and smile and dance.
50. Do you like rollercoasters? No. No. No. NO.
51. Have you ever been to disneyland or world? Disneyland! The happiest place on earth! I went when I was about 10 years old and then more recently when I was 25. Loved it! Always will.
52. Do you have a favorite cartoon character? I like Eeyore from Winnie the Pooh. He's a bit of a cranky pants, but I always just wanted to give him a hug and make him feel better. :)
53. How's the weather? Spring-like, finally. Mild temps and a decent amount of sun.
54. Last time you were sick? Too many narcotics on an empty stomach! That doesn't really sound right... They were for after surgery. And though the pain drifted away on a happy fluffy cloud, I felt like I was drunk. And it wasn't the good kind of drunk.
55. Do you wish you could move? I like to daydream about future houses. Decorating them. Landscaping yards and being able to have a dog. But I'm not in any hurry to move from where I'm at right now.
56. What is your dream car? That's a hard one. I've always (since I was much younger) wanted a Lexus SC430 hardtop convertible. Still do! I always thought it would be swell to have an old chop-top hot rod too. Cadillacs make me smile. And these days, more practically, I'd like an F-150. :)
57. If you could be anywhere right now where would it be? I've been in a fantasy world lately thinking about sandy beaches and pina coladas. I would love to be in Hawaii right about now. It's time for a little luxury.
58. Are you happy with your life? Very much so. As the wise quote says "they never said it'd be easy, just that it'd be worth it." And I'm enjoying every minute as it goes by. :)
- September (1)
- April (1)
- March (1)
- February (3)
- January (7)
- December (3)
- November (1)
- October (4)
- September (10)
- August (1)
- July (8)
- June (3)
- May (5)
- April (9)
- March (6)
- February (21)
- January (4)
- December (8)
- November (10)
- October (6)
- September (9)
- August (12)
- July (5)
- June (7)
- May (12)
- April (12)
- March (15)
- February (10)
- January (9)
- December (12)
- November (9)
- October (13)
- September (12)
- August (7)
- July (7)
- June (9)
- May (3)
- April (11)
- March (10)
- February (10)
- January (11)