Saturday, June 18, 2011

Gardening and a Trip to See the Baby


The rain fell today in random bursts. It rained hard, but only a few minutes at a time. I got caught in one of these bouts on my way home from the farmer's market. I didn't mind terribly. At least it was warm! Drenched, hair curling, I made it home to hot coffee and some cookies. (I've been on a baking kick.) This afternoon, when the sun peaked out a little, my sister and I went plant shopping. We have been given the go-ahead to landscape the yards at the rental. So we picked up some shrubs and flowers to get started. It was great! Nothing is more relaxing than shopping for plants. I could do it all day. We stopped by two nurseries and collected lots of little (and big) beauties.



Sister with some of our bounty

After I left them with my sister to water, I took off to my best friend's house to get some one-on-one time with her and her new baby. What a joy he is! Even fussing and crying. He's still adorable. I finally got to hold him. We spent a lot of time just lounging on the sofa, all three of us, rambling about the usual. Felt nice to have this girl time that I'm so used to with this friend. I savor every moment because I know how busy she is and will continue to be with that little one.

First photograph of me and baby (and my braces!) He's just like a little doll.

I just love those tiny toes!

4 comments:

  1. what a sweet post - love the special time with friends, the sweetness of the baby and that you love to shop for plants
    Sharon
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I am hitting a big "LIKE" button on this post. :)

    Love those sweet feet and lovely flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh he is incredible isn't he? I love all the plants you picked out. Your yard is going to look wonderful. Can't wait to eat one of those ears of corn. LYS

    ReplyDelete
  4. baby toes! i hope you are soaking up as much as the first days as you can with your friend. the girl time is so special even (and especially) with the new baby around (even if he's a boy and not a girl for the girl time)

    ReplyDelete

Older Posts