Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Cat Costumes!

Halloween is gonna be here before we know it! The house is ready, but I had to make sure the "kids" would be too! I saw this great idea in Martha Stewart Magazine and had to try it out! Our cats don't mind wearing collars, so I figured they'd be comfortable in these cute, flower variations.

Started with colored felt, green ribbon, self-stick Velcro, Martha Stewart template, pins and of course a sewing machine.

Beans enjoyed the sun while I worked away.



Added pleats to the petals to make them have some dimension.

Added each petal to the green ribbon collar. And Voile! I present the kitties:


"Every Bean Has its Thorns" Our wild rose.

"Not So Sunny Disposition Bear" Our Sunflower.

Think they'll ever forgive me?! :)

1 comment:

  1. They look soooo adorable! Such a cool thing to do. Maybe they don't see it that way, but I sure do. LYS

    ReplyDelete

Older Posts