Sunday, February 7, 2010

Forester's Fun, 2010

New scrapbook fodder! I'm now looking at a pile of memorabilia from last night's Forester's Ball. I have an entry ticket, a marriage certificate, two rings, and a professional photograph of my favorite forester and his lucky lady. Yesterday evening started slow, as me and the fella ate Applebee's take-out and watched Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs on the couch. Such a cute movie! I read the book as a 2nd grader, so it was fun to see how they'd portray it in a movie. Really funny and well done! After that came a few beers, a bottle of wine and a trip to campus. It took us so long to get into the Ball! Huge line. They were checking everyone for booze. They even looked in my guy's cowboy boots! We finally got there though and I was immediately hit with the delicious scent of pine. Mmmm! We wandered the floor and looked at all the buildings and then danced. Kissed a bartender for a Sprite, and watched while my man took a few close friends for a spin next. The place was packed! It was hard to get anywhere, and not get hit with a flying elbow. I had a defensive dancer with me, however, who kept the crazy folks at bay. :) We went and got married half-way through the night and got a great photo taken too. Stayed the whole time and enjoyed my favorite dance, the last one, under falling blue snow. Such a great event! Full of so many different types of people too! As mentioned before, I re-united with my now-main squeeze at the Ball last year. It was nice to have him as my date this year. So much has happened since last year! *Swoon* So next year? Get there earlier! And maybe try my luck at sneakin' in some whisky. He he :) Now on to Superbowl Sunday! No big favorite in the game, just gonna watch and enjoy with a Bud in my hand, in good company. What a weekend!


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a great time! Ahh, you got married. So cool. Had a great time at our little Super Bowl Party. Fun having you and the D man here to celebrate. Thanks for coming! LYS.

    ReplyDelete

Older Posts